Collection of Bulky Waste
We offer a bulky waste collection service where we can collect up to 3 items* from you at a charge of £19.50.
*Only items that are on the approved list will be collected at this rate.
Bulky collections can only be booked for a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Bulky collections are not available on a Tuesday or Thursday. We do not offer a bulky collection service on Bank Holidays.
The latest time that a bulky collection can be booked is noon on the previous working day:
By noon on the Friday for collections on the Monday
By noon on the Tuesday for collections on the Wednesday
By noon on the Thursday for collections on the Friday
Please make requests to the Worcestershire HUB on 01684 862151.
- Payment must be made before items are collected.
- Collection details must be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Please note that only the items you state will be collected.
- Please place the items at the front of your property on the day of collection by 7am.
- Please note that collection operatives will not come into your property or garage to collect the items.
- All our operatives will be dressed in Malvern Hills District Council (MHDC) branded attire. Do not hand your goods to anyone not dressed in MHDC branded uniform.
- A note about mattresses: we are unable to remove mattresses that have been left out in the rain and are subsequently too heavy for our operatives to lift. Please consider this requirement when booking a mattress collection and either cover the mattress with polythene sheeting or place the mattress somewhere under cover but accessible, if the weather forecast is for rain. This is most important for the larger mattresses that are heavy due to their size even when dry.
Bulky items accepted and counted as one item
- Armchair (non-electrically adjustable)
- Carpet (1 roll, 25kg maximum)
- CD/Record player
- Cooker (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 90cm high maximum)
- Dining Chair
- Dishwasher (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 87cm high maximum)
- Double bed base (to suit a mattress width of 54", 137cm)
- Double mattress (width 54", 137cm)
- Dressing table
- Filing Cabinet - 1, 2, 3 or 4 drawer (must be empty)
- Fridge (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 87cm high maximum)
- Freezer (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 87cm high maximum)
- Free-standing room heater
- Hot tub lid (the lid only; we do not collect hot tubs)
- Lawn Mower
- Lino (1 roll, 25kg maximum)
- Patio Umbrella including stand
- Rotary garden washing line
- Sewing machine
- Single bed base
- Single mattress
- Tumble Dryer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Video Player/Recorder/DVD Player
- Water Butt (must be empty)
- Free-standing Wardrobe
Up to three items from the above list will cost £19.50
Other items accepted and charged at £24.50 per item
- Single sofa (2 seater or 3 seater) (non-electrically adjustable)
- Large Domestic Fridge
- Large Domestic Freezer
- Large Domestic Chest Freezer
- Upright Domestic Fridge Freezer
- American Style Domestic Fridge Freezer
- Domestic Cooker With Eye-Level Grill (taller than 90cm)
- Domestic Washing Machine
- Any bed mattress wider than 54", 137cm
- Any bed base designed for a mattress wider than 54", 137cm
- Portable Air Conditioning units (must be drained of any condensed water)
- Gas Barbecue (any size). Gas cylinders must be disconnected & will not be collected
- Garden shredder
- Bunk Bed Frame.
*If you have a commercial size fridge or freezer, please contact The Hub who will pass your request on to the Environmental Services department who will provide a quote for collection.
Other items accepted and charged at £33.50 per item
- 3 Piece Suite
- Corner Sofas (all variants of a corner sofa)
- Electrically adjustable armchair or sofa
- Exercise bike
- Rowing machine
- Childrens play house (plastic) - must be dismantled prior to collection
- Childrens play house (wooden) - must be dismantled prior to collection with no nails or screws protruding. Max size of house: 6ft x 6ft x 6ft (2m x 2m x 2m)
Other items accepted and charged at £77.50 per item
If you wish to have any item collected that is NOT listed on the above accepted items lists, please contact The Hub on 01684 862151, who will then advise the Environmental Services department of your request which will be reviewed and a quote, if an acceptable item, will be provided for the collection.
If the item is not as described and/or not in an accessible position for the operatives and, as such, is unable to be collected, you will still be charged for the collection. If you wish to rearrange the collection after this, you will be charged again.
Bulky items not allowed
- Building waste
- Bulky garden waste
- Fitted kitchen or bedroom units
No liquid, hazardous or difficult waste
- Car parts & tyres
- Engine Oil
- Clinical waste
- Dead Pets
No house clearances or building rubble will be collected.