Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

What is the Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review?

The South Worcestershire Community Safety Partnership, which includes local councils, the police, the integrated Care Board (formerly the CCG) and registered housing providers, work in partnership to reduce anti-social behaviour.

The Anti-Social Behaviour Case Review (ASB Case Review) is a process you can use to ask agencies to review the response to anti-social behaviour you have reported. The case review is designed to ensure that responsible agencies work together to try and resolve recurring concerns about anti-social behaviour. We will do this by talking about the problem, sharing information, and using our resources to try and reach an agreeable outcome. The case review should be used if you believe your concerns about an anti-social behaviour issue have not been resolved by the agency(s) you have reported it to.

The ASB case review cannot be used to report crimes or one-off incidents of anti-social behaviour. It is a review process that allows involved agencies to look back at what has been reported and the actions that have or haven’t been taken.

The case review is not a complaints process about an individual agency should you feel that inadequate action has been taken. If you wish to complain about any agency that you have reported incidents too and feel you have had an inadequate response, then you should follow the complaints procedures of individual organisations.

When can I use the ASB Case Review?

The Case Review can be used in the following situations:

  • You can provide three reports relating to anti-social behaviours in the past six months, that have been made to a responsible authority.
  • The reports of ASB that have been made are different instances of ASB and NOT the same incident reported to three different agencies.
  • At least three individuals and/or groups in the local community have made reports about the same problem in the past six months to a responsible agency.
  • All incidents were reported within 1 month of them occurring.

How do I use the ASB Case Review?

To use the ASB Case Review you will need to fill out a form detailing the case. You can request the online form by contacting your local community safety team using the contact details below, or you can request that a form be posted to your address

Malvern Hills

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Worcester City

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tel: 01905 722410

Or in writing to (please include the district that you reside)

South Worcestershire CSP
c/o Wychavon District Council
Civic Centre
Queen Elizabeth Drive
WR10 1PT

Anti-Social Behaviour

Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) is a broadly used term to describe a wide variety of undesirable behaviours that have a negative effect on people, communities and the environment.

The District Council works alongside local agencies in responding to reports of Anti-Social Behaviour and any response will be proportionate to the type of and frequency of ASB that is occurring. All agencies understand that the perceptions of what is and isn’t ASB will differ from person to person, however the following would not generally be considered to be examples of Anti-Social Behaviour.

A one-off party/event

Everyday living noises

Noise from children playing

Parking issues on the highway

Cooking smells

Music being played in a public open space

How and Where to report ASB that has occurred

The following table of common ASB issues will help you make a report to the correct agency who will be best placed to investigate your issue.


Organisation & Link

Noise Nuisance (loud music/television etc)

Bonfires & Smoke

Light Pollution

Dust & Odour

Insects & Flies

Accumulations attracting Vermin

Barking dogs

For more information visit

Nuisance | Worcestershire Regulatory Services (

Neighbour disputes

e.g. parking, boundaries

Neighbour disputes are civil in nature.

Use the following links for advice on how to resolve such issues.

Complaining about your neighbour - Citizens Advice


The Council do not offer a mediation service and will not get involved with Neighbour Disputes

Cannabis Smells

Other drugs issues




Threats of violence


These are criminal issues and should be reported to the Police as a minimum.


The taking/smoking of drugs is likely to be a breach of tenancy and should also be reported to a housing association where applicable.  

West Mercia Police (Report antisocial behaviour | West Mercia Police) or on 101


Registered Housing Association (if applicable) (as above)

Car Cruising

Joy Riding

Motorbikes on Footpaths/public land etc.

West Mercia Police (Report antisocial behaviour | West Mercia Police or on 101


If it is happening when you are reporting it, ring 999.


If you are a tenant of a registered housing provider, you first need to report any Anti-Social Behaviour to your Housing Association. You can use the below links that will direct you to a reporting ASB page or information on how to report ASB to your housing provider.

Platform Housing - Anti-Social Behaviour | Platform Housing Group website

Rooftop Housing - Anti Social Behaviour | Rooftop Housing Group website

Stonewater - View stonewater website

Citizen Housing - Visit Citizen Housing website

Sanctuary Housing - View Sanctuary Housing website

Bromford Housing - View Bromford Housing website