At a time when the safeguarding of children and adults with care and support needs has never been a greater concern, the Council felt it was important to review its Safeguarding Policy to ensure its arrangements adequately reflect the additional responsibilities currently being placed on it, and that these additional requirements are being fully considered in the approach being taken to protect people from abuse.
We are therefore pleased to introduce the revised Safeguarding Policy which aims to outline the responsibilities of the Council, and how they dovetail with other agencies, to safeguard children and adults with care and support needs from harm and abuse.
- document Read Joint Safeguarding Policy (1.92 MB)
- pdf Read Annex A responding to a concern or disclosure flowchart (163 KB)
- document Annex B disclosure form (60 KB)
- pdf Read Annex C escalating a concern (82 KB)
- pdf Read Annex D Staff and Elected Members Roles and Responsibilities (73 KB)
- document Annex E The Role of District Councils in Safeguarding Checklist (51 KB)
- document Annex F Essential Contacts, lead agencies and protocols (74 KB)
- pdf Read Annex G Types of Abuse of Children and Adults with Care and Support Needs (78 KB)
- document Annex H glossary of terms (39 KB)
- document Annex I legislative framework (42 KB)
If you would like to speak about the information above please contact
Head of Community Services