Malvern Hills District Sport and Leisure Strategy 2014-2024
Welcome to our first Malvern Hills District Sport & Leisure Strategy, entitled Active Communities Malvern Hills District – A Vision for the Future.
This strategy defines how the council will support sport and leisure provision in the future.
It has been developed within the context of the council being committed to improving the quality of life for all of our communities, within an environment of change and financial constraint.
The strategy identifies key priorities for the council in the future, through its new ‘deal' with the community and a clear three pronged policy position on what we will continue to do, what we will support and enable others to do and what we will no longer do.
The report comprises of a Headline Strategy which provides the concise strategic overview of the strategy and an additional 11 chapters, which provide a full comprehensive review.
Click on the following links to download each section of the report:
- pdf Headline Strategy (1.00 MB)
- pdf Chapter 7: (2.06 MB) Current sport and leisure provision
- pdf Chapter 8 (1.15 MB) : Consultation findings
- pdf Chapter 9: (1.17 MB) What sport and leisure provision does Malvern Hills need?
- pdf Chapter 10: (1.03 MB) Current good practice and case studies across the district
- pdf Chapter 11: (994 KB) Active communities Malvern Hills district – a vision for the future
- pdf Chapter 12: (1.31 MB) Existing built leisure provision currently being supported by Malvern Hills District Council
- pdf Chapter 13: (798 KB) Specific development opportunities in Malvern Hills district
- pdf Chapter 14: (3.54 MB) Tenbury Swimming Pool need assessment
- pdf Chapter 15: (2.50 MB) Malvern Splash Leisure Complex health and fitness and soft play need assessment
- pdf Chapter 16: (1.09 MB) Malvern Hills District Council's leisure procurement strategy
- pdf Chapter 17 (965 KB) : Action Plan
Five Year Progress Review and Refresh 2019
With the Sport and Leisure Strategy reaching the mid way point, a progress review has been completed to look back at the achievements over the first five years of the strategy and looking forward to our actions over the next five years.
Sport and Leisure Strategy Progress Report 2020 - 2021
Listen to our latest progress report by Councillor Tom Wells, Portfolio Holder for Community Services, to find out what we delivered throughout 2020-2021.