Personal data held by the policy department
In order to deal with planning policy matters, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information. This information may include:-
- basic personal information such as name, address, telephone number, email address
- details of land ownership
- other personal details provided in support of an application, which could include sensitive personal data such as health/welfare information supplied in support of an application
Who is processing your data?
All personal data held is processed in accordance with data protection law. For the purpose of policy plans the Data Controller is Malvern Hills District Council.
Why do we collect your information?
We will collect information about you (where applicable):-
- For inclusion on the Strategic Employment and Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) database
- Where you have made a submission or a representation
- In connection with neighbourhood plans
What is the legal basis for us to process your data?
The legal basis for processing the data is in the exercise of official authority under various UK laws including but not limited to:
- The Town & Country Planning Act 1990
- The Planning Act 2008
- The Housing & Planning Act 2016
- The Planning (Listed Buildings & Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- The Localism Act 2011
- The Highways Act 1980
- The Environment Act 1995
- The Environmental Protection Act 1990
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981
- The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000
Who do we share your information with?
Please be advised that planning applications together with documents provided in support of those applications and any comments made thereon are published on our website.
Our websites are also indexed by various search engines meaning it may be possible to find your comment and any personal details you provide using an online search engine such as Google, Bing and others.
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:-
- Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council, who we work together with in order to deliver the South Worcestershire Development Plan
- The Planning Inspectorate
- Other Public Bodies, including the Courts and Tribunal Service
- Government Agencies
- External Auditors and regulators (such as the Local Government Ombudsman)
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
How long do we keep your records?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept in accordance with our retention schedule. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
What are your rights?
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data via the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website.
Providing accurate information
It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you in order to assess your needs and delivery the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please ensure that you inform us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact:
Data Protection Officer,
Wychavon and Malvern Hills District Council shared Legal Service,
Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive,
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website.