Personal data held by strategy and communications
In order to provide communications services, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information. This information may include:-
- basic personal information such as address, telephone number, email address
- photographs and film images of individuals
Who is processing my data?
All personal data held is processed in accordance with data protection law. For strategy and communications purposes, Malvern Hills District Council is the data controller.
How will we use the information we hold about you?
We will collect information about you (where applicable):-
- to in order to contact you with relevant communications and marketing
- to use images and film to promote the work of the Council
- following a door-knocking referral we may share your data with other departments in the Council, or our other partners, for the purpose of assisting you
- to contact you with information about events we are hosting such as the Meet Your Council Day events
- Meet statutory requirements e.g. reporting to Government
- Conduct research including consultations and surveys
What is the legal basis for us to process your data?
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- Where we have collected your personal data such as contact details for marketing purposes, we require your consent to hold this. You can withdraw your consent for us to process your data for these purposes.
- Where we have retained your photographic or filmed images for marketing or promotional purposes, we will have obtained your consent to do so. You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to hold these images.
- We hold some archived images which we consider to be of historical value and therefore in the public interest to retain.
Who we will share your information with
We may share your information with partner organisations, including:-
- Other departments within the Council, with your consent in the circumstances described above,
- Other Public Bodies
- External Auditors and regulators
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
How long do we keep your records
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept in accordance with our retention schedule. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/
Providing accurate information
It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you in order to assess your needs and delivery the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please ensure that you inform us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact Meesha Patel, Legal Services Manager at Wychavon and Malvern Hills District Council shared Legal Service, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://ico.org.uk/