We issue a bill to all households in March at the start of each financial year, the bill shows how much you have to pay each month. Our Council Tax pages will help with queries that you may about your bill:
|Login to your Self Service account||- Pay your Council Tax bill, tell us about a change of address and view your paperless e-billing|
|Moving house||- Tell us if you are moving house so that you can pay the right amount of Council Tax|
|Pay your Council Tax||- Alternative ways of paying for your council tax bill|
|Discounts and exemptions||- Find out if you are eligible for reductions to your Council Tax bill|
|Contact us||- Get in touch with us to discuss Council Tax, business rates and benefits advice|
|Council Tax Support||- If you are liable to pay Council Tax, you may be entitled to support on your bill|
|2021/22 Council Tax bill explained||- See what the Council Tax budget is spent on and how much it costs to provide key services|
|Appeals||- If you are not happy with a decision made about your valuation band or your liability to pay a bill|
The bill, places a duty on the person named on the bill to pay the amount.
Your bill will show how the charge is calculated including elements for precepting authorities e.g. the fire brigade. It will also show any discounts/exemptions or benefits you have applied for and the council believes you are entitled to.
Read a guide to help you pay the right level of Council Tax - GOV.UK Paying the Right Level of Council Tax
We can now send your council tax bills to you by email instead of through the post.
The benefits of e-billing
- You will receive your bill as soon as it is available
- It saves paper so is better for the environment
- It helps to reduce council spending by saving printing and postage costs
- You still have the option to print your bill or forward a copy to someone if you need to.
How to sign up for e-Billing
There are three ways to sign up for e-Billing:
- Or you can register for our online Council Tax Self Service facility which includes e-billing sign up and lets you view full details of your account
- Or you can call 03004 560 560 and ask to sign up for e-billing.
What happens next?
- Once you have signed up for e-Billing we will send future council tax bills to you by email unless you ask us to stop
- You must tell us if you change your email address
- We will contact you if our emails to you cannot be delivered because your email address is invalid.