Information on the Covid-19 (coronavirus) Council Tax Hardship Fund
If you are on a low income, we may be able to provide you with a discount on your Council Tax bill.
What is Council Tax Support
Council Tax Support formerly known as Council Tax Benefit, is a system which allows councils to give discounts on Council Tax bills to help people who have a low income. Unlike Housing Benefit payments, Council Tax Support normally cannot be backdated.
Am I eligible?
If you or your partner are working age and liable to pay Council Tax, you may be able entitled to receive a discount of up to 100% on your Council Tax bill.
Your benefit will be calculated based on the following:
- your capital, including any savings
- your income
- the amount of Council Tax or rent you pay
- your family circumstances
How to apply
Once you have completed the form you will see an evidence checklist, which lists the documents that you need to provide in order for us to assess your claim.
- You will receive a notification to tell you that we have received your application.
Our Contact Centres will continue to provide support for people who do not have access to online facilities or who need assistance to make a claim. Additional computers will be provided in our centres for people to make claims and staff will provide face-to-face help.
Malvern Hills District Council
Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF
If you have any questions or need guidance on anything related to Council Tax, contact our benefits team.
- View Housing Benefit information
- Read further information on our Benefits Advice page
- pdf Read our summary of the Council Tax Support scheme (1.42 MB)
- Apply for a Second Adult Rebate (see discounts and exemptions)