Order new or additional garden waste bins
- pdf 2023 Garden Waste Calendar (3.09 MB)
- From 1st January 2023, the price of the Garden Waste Service for new customer will be £85 for your first bin and £70 for any subsequent bin.
- If your service is due to renew from 1st January onwards, you will pay £80 if paying by direct debit or £85 if paying by other methods.
This collection service will help you compost your garden waste.
The Garden Waste service has an annual renewal, each customer will have an anniversary date, meaning whenever in the year you join the service, you will receive a year's worth of collections.
- You can have as many bins as required - (if you order a second/third bin with a different renewal date, your anniversary for both bins will be in the middle of the two dates. e.g. one bin renewed on 01/02 and one bin on 01/06, your renewal date will be 01/04.)
- One-off fee for a full year service
- No bin delivery charge
Please note: Payments must be made up front and in full, one off collections are not available and we do not offer refunds for cancelled services.
Customers who cancel their service and fail to make their bin available for removal may be charged £50
Home composting is the best way to deal with your garden waste but when the growing season really gets going you might need a little extra help.
The garden waste collection service is:
- Convenient and easy to use
- Saves time and effort
- Fortnightly collections
- 240 litre brown wheeled bin
A guide to home composting
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge and shrub clippings
- Leaves, twigs and bark
- Small plants, cut flowers and weeds
- Windfall fruit
Do not include:
- Kitchen waste
- Dog/cat waste
- Plastic bags/pots/trays
- Tree stumps/branches over 10cm (4") in diameter
- Animal bedding
Please ensure the wheeled bin is presented by 7am on your collection day. The bin will be collected between 7am and 5pm.
There is a safe working weight limit for both the garden waste bin and the bin lift mechanism on the freighter of 100kg. Please ensure that as much soil as possible has been removed from weeds, turf, etc before placing them in the bin. The driver may refuse to lift a bin if it is too heavy.