Bulky Waste Items
- Bins and Collections
- Garden Waste
- Commercial Waste and Recycling
- Bulky Waste
- Waste Collection
- Sharps Disposal
- Assisted Collection Service
- Waste and Recycling News
We offer a Bulky Waste collection service for all domestic properties to dispose of bulky household items for a fee. However, there are alternative options you could consider:
If the items are in good condition
If your items are in good condition we would ask you to consider contacting re-use organisations in your area (normally a charity) so that someone else can benefit from them.
If the item requires minor repair then there are repair organisations that may still take them
- Roundabout Evesham
- St Richards Hospice http://www.strichards.org.uk/
- YMCA http://www.ymca.org.uk/shops
- Reuse and repair | Worcestershire County Council
Another good option is to place your item on a local social media noticeboard or a online marketplace site.
If, however, you do wish to use our Bulky Waste collection service or none of the above services are feasible, information can be found below:
Bulky Waste Collection Service
This bulky collection service is for residential properties only. If you have bulky items that need collecting from a commercial entity please contact us at
We can collect up to three items from you at a charge of £34 - only items on the approved list will be collected at this rate.
We offer Bulky collections on Mondays and Wednesdays. Bulky collections are not normally available on a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday however please contact us via email
- Payment must be made before items are collected.
- Collection details must be confirmed at time of booking.
- Only items stated will be collected.
- Please place the items outside of your property on the day of collection by 7am.
- Please note that collection operatives will not come into your property or garage to collect the items.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancelled collections if we have to attend the property.
- If the item is not as described and/or not in an accessible position for the operatives you will still be charged for the collection. If you wish to rearrange the collection after this, you will be charged again
Bulky items accepted and counted as one item
- Armchair (non-electrically adjustable)
- Carpet (1 roll, 25kg maximum)
- Chest of drawers
- Cooker (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 90cm high maximum)
- Dining Chair
- Dishwasher (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 87cm high maximum)
- Bed Base (any size)
- Mattress (any size)
- Dressing table
- Filing Cabinet - 1, 2, 3 or 4 drawer (must be empty)
- Fridge (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 87cm high maximum) Please ensure the item is empty of any food items
- Freezer (60cm wide x 60cm deep x 87cm high maximum) Please ensure the item is empty of any food items
- Free-standing room heater
- Hedge Clippers
- Home Computer
- Home Printer
- Home Scanner
- Lawn Mower
- Laundry Horse
- Metal Trolley
- Plastic Garden Chair
- Rotary garden washing line
- Single sofa (2 seater or 3 seater) (non-electrically adjustable)
- Sink (non-ceramic)
- Spin Dryer
- Table top cooker
- Tumble Dryer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Video Player/Recorder/DVD Player
- Water Butt (must be empty)
Up to three items from the above list will cost £34
Items accepted and charged at £34 per item
- Door (interior/external)
- Large Domestic Fridge. Please ensure the item is empty of any food items
- Large Domestic Freezer. Please ensure the item is empty of any food items
- Large Domestic Chest Freezer. Please ensure the item is empty of any food items
- Upright Domestic Fridge Freezer. Please ensure the item is empty of any food items
- American Style Domestic Fridge Freezer. Please ensure the item is empty of any food items
- Domestic Cooker With Eye-Level Grill (taller than 90cm)
- Domestic Washing Machine
- Portable Air Conditioning units (must be drained of any condensed water)
- Gas Barbecue (any size). Gas cylinders must be disconnected & will not be collected
- Garden shredder
- Bunk Bed Frame.
- Log Burner
- Cardboard - approx. 3 cubic meters
We are unable to remove mattresses that have been left out in the rain and are subsequently too heavy for our operatives to lift. Please cover the mattress with polythene sheeting or place the mattress under cover but accessible.
Items accepted and charged at £42.50 per item
- Corner Sofas (all variants of a corner sofa)
- Electrically adjustable armchair, sofa or bed
- Exercise bike
- Rowing machine
- Childrens play house (plastic) - must be dismantled prior to collection
- Childrens play house (wooden) - must be dismantled prior to collection with no nails or screws protruding. Max size of house: 6ft x 6ft x 6ft (2m x 2m x 2m)
- Carpet and floor underlay
Item not listed
If you wish to have any item collected that is not listed on the above lists, please contact us on 01684 862490 to discuss.
Bulky items not allowed
- Building waste
- Bulky garden waste
- House clearances
- Building rubble
- Ceramic items
No liquid, hazardous or difficult waste
- Car parts or tyres
- Fluorescent tubes
- Engine Oil
- Clinical waste
- Dead Pets
Other ways of disposing of bulky waste
Household Waste and Recycling Centres
Worcestershire's Household Recycling Centres are open.
Skip hire and house clearance companies
Householders' Duty of Care
Important! Householders now have a legal responsibility to make sure that only registered Waste Carriers collect their waste. Search the Environment Agency public register of those with a Waste Carriers Licence. Anyone offering a waste collection service such as odd jobbers, gardeners, or builders needs a waste carriers licence, so if anyone takes waste away for you always remember to:
- ask to see their waste carriers licence and make note of the number
- ask for a company headed receipt
- note down telephone number and vehicle registration
If your waste carrier does not have the correct licence, and then disposes of your waste illegally (Fly Tipping and Littering), you as the householder will be held responsible and may be liable to prosecution and could be fined up to £5,000.