If you already receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support and your circumstances change, you must inform us immediately. If you do not tell us within 21 days of the change, you may be at risk of losing your benefits.
See below for changes that need to be reported:
- Moving home
- Income, benefits and savings
- Household changes
We can help you to complete a form.
If you are not receiving benefits:
If you would like to inform our Council Tax team of a change of address or change of tenancy, then complete one of our change of address forms.
Use this form to inform us that you are moving address so that we can make sure you receive the correct amount of housing benefit or council tax support.
Download and complete the pdf change of address form (2.14 MB) .
If this is your first claim at this address, please send us:
• your tenancy agreement; and
• proof of rent payments you have made (for example, your rent book or receipts).
(If you do not have a tenancy agreement, or the initial term of your tenancy has run out, please ask your landlord, landlady or agent to fill in the ‘Confirmation of tenancy’ page of the change of address form on page 11.)
If you have claimed at this address before, please send us:
• the ‘Confirmation of tenancy’ page (which is on page 11 of the change of address form); and
• proof of rent payments you have made (for example, your rent book or receipts)
These must be original documents, not photocopies
Income, benefits and savings
- if you or your partner start or stop work
- if you or your partner have an increase or decrease in income
- if there is a change in you or your partner's savings
- if you or your partner start or stop receiving any of the following benefits, incapacity benefit, income support, tax credits, child tax credits, job seekers allowance, pension credit or universal credits
- if the income of another adult living with you changes.
Notify us that your income has changed when claiming for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support by downloading and completing the pdf change of income form (623 KB) .
You will need:
- a bank or building society statement for the last two months showing money going out, money coming in and the balance;
- a letter from a bank or building society showing the type of account, account number, the balance and regular deposits for the last two months; or
- statements for certificates, bonds, unit trusts, stocks and shares.
All savings books and so on must be up to date, showing all interest due.
The proof must be an original, not a photocopy.
- if someone comes to live with you
- if someone living with you moves out
- if someone in the household passes away
- if you need to tell us that you have changed your name
- date a child leaves school or the date child benefit payments stop
- date a child starts work or goes to college/university
- date if you have another child
- if you or your partner go into hospital for more than 6 weeks
It is very important that you tell us as soon as possible, by
Complete the following online change of address forms.
Any delay in sending the form may affect the date the benefit is paid from and the amount you receive.
Malvern Hills District Council
The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF
Please call us on 03004 560 560