- New benefits claim
- Benefits advice
- Council Tax
- Open Portal account (previously Self Service)
- Contact Benefits and Council Tax
Pension Credit is extra money for people of pensionable age, intended to supplement the UK State Pension and bring your weekly income up to a minimum amount. Pension Credit can also help with housing costs such as ground rent or service charges. You can get Pension Credit even if you have other income, savings or own your own home.
For more information and details of eligibility, please visit www.gov.uk/pension-credit.
Pension Credit calculator
Find out if you're eligible for Pension Credit and how much you could get using the Pension Credit calculator.
How to claim
- The quickest way to apply for Pension Credit is by applying online
- Apply by phone by telephone – 0800 99 1234
- Text phone - 0800 169 0133
- NGT text relay (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone) - 18001 then 0800 99 1234
Monday to Friday 8 am to 6 pm.
You will need:
- National Insurance number
- Information about your income, savings and investments
- Your bank account details
Further information is available from the Pension Credit factsheet.