Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

If a club wants to make small alterations to their club premises certificate that will not impact adversely on the licensing objectives, they can apply for a minor variation of their certificate.

When we receive an application for a minor variation, we must consider whether the changes being proposed could impact adversely on the licensing objectives.

When considering an application, we have to consult with other relevant authorities if there is any doubt about the impact the proposed changes will have on the licensing objectives and we think we need specialist advice. We will then take the views of these authorities into account in reaching our decision.

Download document Guidance notes on minor variations (30 KB) .

More information on variations to club premises certificate can be found on the GOV website.

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services offer a pre-application assistance service

Apply online 

  1. Make the required payment via the pay-it web page, by choosing Regulatory Services and then Premises Licence payment option.
  2. Email completed  document application forms (58 KB) , all  accompanying documentation and proof of payment to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Please ensure that proof of payment is included with your application email.

Apply by post

Clubs need to download and complete the document Application for a minor variation to a club premises certificate. (58 KB)

Send your application along with the existing club premises certificate, any other relevant documents and the fee of £89 to:

Licensing (Malvern Hills), Wyre Forest House, Fine Point Way, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

You must advertise the application by displaying a public notice at the relevant premises for a period of 10 working days starting on the working day after the minor variation application was given to us. The public notice must be on white paper of at least A4 size.

Download and complete the document Public Notice Template (96 KB)  to do this.

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. If after the 10 working day consultation period has expired and no representations have been made by a responsible authority or other persons, then we will approve the minor variation. If any representations have been received, we have a further five working days to consider them and will decide whether to approve or reject the application. If the minor variation is approved, we will issue a notice outlining the minor variation to the club premises certificate. We will also issue a new certificate to reflect the minor variation.