Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

A premises licence allows a premises to be used for one or more licensable activities.

The Licensing Act 2003 says that the following are licensable activities:

  • The sale by retail of alcohol
  • The provision of regulated entertainment
  • The provision of late night refreshment

More information on premises licences can be viewed on the GOV website.

Applying for a premises licence

Detailed guidance notes on how to apply for a premises licence have been written by the pdf Home Office. (57 KB)

Individuals applying for the grant of a premises licence have to submit documentation with their application to demonstrate they have permission to be in the UK, and are entitled to undertake work relating to the carrying on of a licensable activity.

Applicants may provide clear photocopies or scanned copies of documents, and do not need to be endorsed as a copy of the original. Applicants should not submit original documents.

View the pdf List of acceptable documents to show entitlement to work (116 KB) .

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services offer a pre-application assistance service

Apply online

  1. Make the required payment via our pay-it page - choose Regulatory Services and then Premises Licence payment option.
  2. Email completed document application forms (136 KB) , all accompanying documentation and proof of payment to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please ensure that proof of payment is included with your application email.

Apply by post

Sales of Alcohol

If you want permission to use the premises for the sale of alcohol, you will need to name in the application a person who will act as designated premises supervisor (DPS). This person must agree to being nominated as the DPS by completing a document DPS Consent Form (39 KB) .

Display of Public Notice

You should download a document Public Notice Template (74 KB) for the public notice that needs to be displayed at the premises and published in a local newspaper, circular or similar document. Please note that the notice displayed at the relevant premises must be printed on light blue paper.


A table of the fees that must be paid for applications made under the Licensing Act 2003 can found on our Licensing Fees and Charges page.

You can find out the non-domestic rateable value of the relevant premises by visiting the Valuation Office Agency website.

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. After the 28 day consultation period has expired, if no representations have been received from responsible authorities or other persons, then the licence is granted as applied for. We will issue the licence shortly after.

If there is a representation from a responsible authority other person then this will cause the application to be considered by the Licensing Sub-Committee. A hearing will be arranged within 56 days from the date the application is made.