Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

Having a personal licence allows you to supply alcohol or authorise the supply of alcohol from any licensed premise. You must have a personal licence if you want to act as the designated premises supervisor (DPS) at any premises licensed to sell alcohol.

Once granted, a personal licence remains in force indefinitely (if you are already a personal licence holder and your licence has an expiry date, the date is no longer valid and your licence will remain in force after it has passed).


To apply for a personal licence, you will need to submit the following items to the licensing authority for the area where you live:

You will need to be the holder of an accredited Licensing Qualification. To find the latest list of accredited qualifications visit the GOV.UK website.

You will also need to provide one of the following, which must have been issued no earlier than one month before the application is made:

  • A Criminal Convictions Certificate (Basic Disclosure), which can be obtained from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Applications for basic disclosures can be made online via the GOV.UK website here: Request a basic DBS check
  • The results of a subject access search under the Data Protection Act 2018(b) of the Police National Computer by the National Identification Service.

You will also need to submit the fee of £37 (cheques made payable to Wychavon District Council)

From 6th April 2017 applicants for personal licences have to submit documentation with their application to demonstrate they have permission to be in the UK and are entitled to undertake work relating to the carrying on of a licensable activity. Applicants may provide clear photocopies or scanned copies of documents, which can either be in black and white or colour, and do not need to be endorsed as a copy of the original. Applicants should not submit original documents.

Please refer to the pdf List of acceptable documents to show entitlement to work (116 KB) .

You will need to submit all this items when applying for a personal licence or your application cannot be accepted.

Applications should be submitted to:

Licensing, Wychavon District Council, The Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 1PT

Applications - Prevention of Fraud

This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you provide on application forms for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.

Personal Licence Holder Responsibilities

Once you are a personal licence holder, there are certain responsibilities and duties that you must comply with. Please download the summary of the document Personal Licence Holder Responsibilities (30 KB) .

Change of Name or Address

One of the most important duties is the duty to tell us if your name or address changes. The document change name or address on a personal licence (76 KB)  form can be used to notify us of such a change.