Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

If you hold a premises licence and want to make changes to it, you can apply for a variation of the licence.

If you are only looking to make small changes to the licence, that will not impact on the promotion of the licensing objectives, it may be possible to apply for a minor variation of the premises licence. Minor variations are subject to a simplified application process and a lower application fee.

Further guidance on variation applications can be found on the GOV website

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services offer a pre-application assistance service

Apply online

  1. Make the required payment via our pay-it web page, by choosing Regulatory Services and then Premises Licence payment option.
  2. Email completed document application forms (99 KB) , all accompanying documentation and proof of payment to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please ensure that proof of payment is included with your application email. 

Apply by post

To apply by post:

Sales of Alcohol

If you want permission to use the premises for the sale of alcohol, you will need to name in the application a person who will act as designated premises supervisor (DPS). This person must agree to being nominated as the DPS by completing a  document DPS Consent Form (39 KB) .

Display of Public Notice

You should download a document Full Variation Public Notice template (74 KB) for the public notice that needs to be displayed at the premises and published in a local newspaper, circular or similar document. Please note that the notice displayed at the relevant premises must be printed on light blue paper.


A table of the fees that must be paid for applications under the Licensing Act 2003 can be found on our Licensing Fees and Charges page.

Find out the non-domestic rateable value of the relevant premises by visiting the Valuation Office Agency website

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. After the 28 day consultation period has expired, if no representations have been received from responsible authorities or other persons, then the licence is granted as applied for. We will issue the licence shortly after.

If there is a representation from a responsible authority other person then this will cause the application to be considered by the Licensing Sub-Committee. A hearing will be arranged within 56 days from the date the application is made.