Temporary Use Notices
- Alcohol and Entertainment
- Temporary Event Notices
- Premises Licences
- Club Premises Certificates
- Personal Licences
- Personal Licence Renewals
- New Applications and Variations
- Licensing Policy
- Lotteries and Gambling
- Taxis and Private Hire
- Street Trading
- Charitable Collections
- Skin Piercing
- Animal Licences
- Sex Establishments
- Scrap Metal Sites and Collectors
- Licensing Fees
- Public Access
- Caravan Site Licence
- Pavement Licences
Temporary use notices (TUNs) allow a premises to be used for gambling on a temporary basis, where there is no premises licence in place. Premises that might be suitable for a TUN would include hotels, conference centres, and sporting venues.
We can only grant a TUN to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission. The type of gambling allowed under a TUN is restricted to any form of equal chance gaming where those taking part in the gaming are taking part in a competition which is intended to produce a single, overall winner - not by use of a machine. An example of this might be a poker tournament.
A TUN must be lodged with us not less than three months and one day before the day on which the gambling event will begin.
The fees we currently charge under the Gambling Act 2005 can be found on our licensing fees and charges page.
Your application and fee should be sent to:
Licensing (Malvern Hills), Wyre Forest House, Fine Point Way, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF
Your application must also be copied to the following addresses:
- The Gambling Commission, Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B2 4BP
- West Mercia Police, Worcester Police Station, Castle Street, Worcester, WR1 3QX
- H M Revenue & Customs, National Registration Unit (Betting & Gaming), Portcullis House, 21 India Street, Glasgow, G2 4PZ.
If the application is in respect of a vessel, please download and complete the document Temporary Use Notice form (Vessel) (108 KB) form, otherwise download and complete the document Temporary Use Notification form (99 KB) .