Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

What is busking?

‘Busking’ means music, dance, street theatre, performance and art offered live in public spaces for the purposes of entertaining, interacting with members of the public, and receiving voluntary contributions.

Do I need a licence to busk?

Busking does not require a licence and is welcome on public land however as with all use of public space, there is the expectation that everyone will act reasonably in sharing the space with everyone - shoppers, business and other buskers.

You will need either a 'Street Collection Permit' or 'Street Trading licence', only if: