To transfer a premises licence, either from you to another person or to you from the existing licence holder, you must apply formally to change the licence.

Individuals applying to transfer a premises licences to themselves have to submit documentation with their application to demonstrate they have permission to be in the UK and are entitled to undertake work relating to the carrying on of a licensable activity. Applicants may provide clear photocopies or scanned copies of documents, which can either be in black and white or colour, and do not need to be endorsed as a copy of the original. Applicants should not submit original documents.

List of acceptable documents to show entitlement to work

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services now offer a pre-application assistance service

Apply online

Apply online for the transfer of a premises licence via the GOV.UK website. 

Apply by post

Download an Application to transfer a premises licence form. 

The existing holder of the premises licence must give their consent to the transfer by completing a Consent to transfer a premises licence form.


Both of these forms and the existing premises licence must then be sent to the following address, along with the £23.00 fee (cheques made payable to Malvern Hills District Council): Licensing, Malvern Hills District Council, The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3AF

You should also send copies of the forms to: West Mercia Police, Worcester Police Station, Castle Street, Worcester, WR1 3QX

Individual applicants must send a copy of their application to: Alcohol Licensing Team, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road,Croydon, CR9 2BY

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. The application may take effect immediately or on a date specified in the application form and revised premises licence and licence summary will be issued to you. If the chief officer of police for the area where the premises is situated is satisfied that the exceptional circumstances of the case are such that granting the application would undermine the crime prevention objective, he must give us a notice within 14 days. We will then hold a hearing to determine the notice given by the police.