A club premises certificate allows a club to use the club premises for "qualifying club activities" such as the sale and supply of alcohol and the provision of regulated entertainment to club members and their bona fide guests.

More information on club premises certificates can be viewed on the GOV.UK website

Applying for a club premises certificate

You can download detailed Home Office guidance notes on applying for a club premises certificate.

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services now offer a pre-application assistance service

Apply by post

Download the application form for a club premises certificate.

The club must make a declaration that it is a qualifying club. This can be done using the Club Declaration Form.

A public notice must be displayed at the club premises and published in a local newspaper, circular or similar document during the consultation period required before your certificate is issued. Download and complete the Public Notice Template for Club Premises Certificate to do this. Please note that the notice displayed at the relevant premises must be printed on light blue paper.


A table of the fees that must be paid for applications under the Licensing Act 2003 can be found on our Licensing Fees and Charges page

Find out the non-domestic rateable value of the relevant premises by visiting the Valuation Office Agency website

Serving the application

Clubs need to send applications to us at:

Licensing, Malvern Hills District Council, The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3AF

Copies of your application will also need to be sent to all of the responsible authorities, whose contact details are in our Responsible Authorities List.


Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. After the 28 day consultation period has expired, if no representations have been received from responsible authorities or other persons, then the licence is granted as applied for. We will issue the licence shortly after.

If there is a representation from a responsible authority other person then this will cause the application to be considered by the Licensing Sub-Committee. A hearing will be arranged within 56 days from the date the application is made.