If you are the holder of a premises licence and you want to make small alterations to the premises licence that will not impact adversely on the licensing objectives, you can apply for a minor variation of the licence.
When we receive an application for a minor variation, we must consider whether the changes being proposed could impact adversely on the licensing objectives.
When considering an application, we have to consult with other relevant authorities if there is any doubt about the impact the proposed changes will have on the licensing objectives and we think we need specialist advice. We will then take the views of these authorities into account in reaching our decision. document Guidance notes on minor variations (68 KB) .
More information on variations to premises licences can be found on the GOV website
To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services offer a pre-application assistance service.
- Make the required payment via the our pay-it web page, by choosing “Regulatory Services” and then “Premises Licence” payment option.
Please ensure that proof of payment is included with your application email.
Apply by post
- Download an application form for a document minor variation of a premises licence (70 KB) .
- Complete the form and send your application to us at: Licensing, Malvern Hills District Council, The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3AF
- Please include with your application the existing premises licence, any other relevant documents and the fee of £89.00.
- Copies of your application will also need to be sent to all of the responsible authorities, whose contact details can be found in our pdf Responsible Authorities List (187 KB) .
Sales of Alcohol
If you want permission to use the premises for the sale of alcohol, you will need to name in the application a person who will act as designated premises supervisor (DPS). This person must agree to being nominated as the DPS by completing a document DPS Consent Form (39 KB) .
Display of Public Notice
You should download a document Minor Variation Public Notice template (132 KB) for the public notice that needs to be displayed at the premises for a period of 10 working days, starting on the working day after the minor variation application was given to us. Please note that the notice displayed at the relevant premises must be printed on white paper of at least A4 size.
The Minor Variation fee is currently £89.00. A table of the fees that must be paid for applications under the Licensing Act 2003 can be found on our Licensing Fees and Charges page
Find out the non-domestic rateable value of the relevant premises by visiting the Valuation Office Agency website.
Will tacit consent apply?
Yes. If after the 10 working day consultation period has expired and no representations have been made by a responsible authority or other persons, then we will approve the minor variation. If any representations have been received, we have a further five working days to consider them and will decide whether to approve or reject the application. If the minor variation is approved, we will issue a notice outlining the minor variation to the premises licence. We will also issue a new licence to reflect the minor variation.