Notice of the Commencement of the Period for the Exercise of Public Rights
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015
Independent Auditor's Report to the Members of Malvern Hills District Council - Signed Opinion 2018 - 2019
The period for the exercise of public rights commences on the 3 June 2019 and will conclude at 4pm on the 12 July 2019.
The following documents will be made available:
- The Statement of Accounts
- The Annual Governance Statement
- The Narrative Report
The Council's accounts are subject to external audit by Hassan Rohimun of Ernst and Young, No 1 Colmore Square, Birmingham, B4 6HQ.
- From 9am on 3 June 2019 to 4pm on 12 July 2019 any person may inspect the accounting records of the Council for the financial year to 31 March 2019, and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts) at the address given below. They may also make copies of the accounts and documents.
- From 9am on 3 June 2019 to 4pm on 12 July 2019 at the request of a local government elector, the local auditor must give the elector, or any representative of the elector, an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records of the Council.
- From 9am on 3 June 2019 until the conclusion of the audit process a local government elector for the area of the Council or his/her representative may object to the Council’s accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful under section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Written notice of the proposed objection and the grounds on which it will be made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above and also copied to the Council at the address given below.
Deputy Chief Executive
Malvern Hills District Council
The Council House
Malvern WR14 3AF