Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?

Malvern Hills District Council has made a commitment to allow re-use of its information to support commercial growth and the wider economy, wherever it is possible or reasonable to do so. 

What is meant by re-use?

The use by a person of a document held by a public sector body, for a purpose other than the initial purpose within that public sector body's public task for which the document was produced. 

How do I make a request?

Information available is listed on our Publication Scheme and can be re-used under the regulations using the Open Government Licence.

View publication scheme

View Open Government License information (opens in new window)

If you cannot find what you are looking for on our website, then you can request information by submitting a re-use form to us. We will aim to respond to your request within 20 working days from the day of receipt.

document View re-use form (85 KB)

On responding, we can:

  • Make the requested document available for re-use
  • Make an offer to you, imposing conditions for re-use, where appropriate through a licence and inform you of the costs, where applicable.
  • Inform you if we are unable fulfil your request with a written explanation.
  • Inform you of any charges for re-use for reproduction costs. See our Schedule of Charges

For documents that are made available for re-use, we will produce them so they are:

  • In the format and language in which the document was held on the date of the request for re-us.
  • In an open and machine-readable format, together with its metadata (where possible and appropriate). These formats and metadata should comply with formal open standards, as far as possible.
  • Available for re-use by electronic means

When do the regulations not apply?

The regulations do not apply when:

  • A third party owns relevant intellectual property rights in the document.
  • Any parts of the document contain only logos, crests or insignia.
  • The activity of supplying the document is one that falls outside the public sector body's public task
  • Documents containing personal data, where the processing of personal data and allowing its re-use would contravene the Data Protection Act 2018.
  • It Is accessible by means other than by making a request for it under the Data Protection Act 2018, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004

How do I complain?

If you have a complaint about the handling of your request, e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or write to Meesha Patel, Director of Legal and Governance, Malvern Hills District Council, The Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, Worcestershire. WR14 3AF.

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint or the way in which we have handled your complaint generally, you are entitled to refer your complaint to the Information Commissioners Office at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Telephone 01625 545745.

If you are not satisfied with the response from the ICO you can appeal their decision to the General Regulatory Chamber.

Useful links

Learn about re-using public sector information (opens in new window)

Read the re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 (opens in new window)