Accessibility Tools

Skip to main content
How can we help you?
In this section
Frequently Asked Questions for Local Land Charges

IMPORTANT NOTE: Notice of transfer of Local Land Charges Register (LLC1) to HMLR

From 31st December 2022 Malvern Hills will no longer provide a Local Land Charges Register (LLC1) search service. After this date our LLC1 will have migrated to HM Land Registry’s national register, which is due to go live on 12 January 2023, for more information visit GOV.UK.

From 31st December 2022 the LLC1 searches will only be available via HM Land Registry’s new digital service through Portal, Business Gateway and on GOV.UK pages.

Malvern Hills will however continue to provide replies to Con29 enquiries. It is important to remember to only submit the required fee of £140.34 when submitting a CON29 enquiry to us after 31st December 2022.

To facilitate the above, and allow time for staff to update systems, etc., we will not be able to accept any searches that include an LLC1 request after 3pm on Friday 30th December 2022.

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions including links to internal webpages and external websites.

What are your current fees?

Please check the Local Land Charges Search Fees page.

How can I submit a search to Malvern Hills District Council?

We accept searches online.

Apply online

Alternatively, if you are unable to apply online searches can be accepted by post, DX or the National Land Information Service (NLIS).

How is the information held?

All our information has been captured onto our Geographical Information System (GIS). 

Can I access actual files and documents?

Our information is given to you in the same format as it is held and provided to the Local Land Charges Department, captured onto our GIS system. Public Registers and public documents should be requested from the originating departments and can generally be supplied by email.

Can information required to answer the CON29 be purchased on a question by question basis?


Is the information only available during set times and is an appointment procedure in place?

No. Most information is now available on our web site through our online maps.

Does Malvern Hills District Council accept client cheques?

No, but we do accept company cheques, or we can take payment by debit or credit card over the phone.

Can I expedite a search?

We do not offer an expedited service as the majority of our searches are completed within 5 working days, however should you have any specific requirements we will always try to ensure we can meet these. Please call us before submitting the search if you wish to bring anything important to our attention.

Does Malvern Hills District Council carry out the drainage search?

No, you will need to request a search from Severn Trent Water Searches.

My question is not listed above, who do I contact?

Email any questions you may have to the Local Land Charges team direct, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call them on 01684 862269, 01684 862147 or 01684 862396.