Authorities' Monitoring Report
The purpose of Authorities' Monitoring Reports (AMRs), is to report progress on the local plan against the timetable and milestones set out in the Local Development Scheme (LDS), and to assess the extent to which planning policies are being implemented.
The AMR assesses whether policies are achieving their objectives and whether sustainable development is being delivered; if policies have had their intended consequences; whether policy assumptions and objectives behind policies are still relevant; and if targets set in the plan are being achieved.
- View the South Worcestershire Authorities’ Monitoring Report 2019 (covering the 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019 period) on the South Worcestershire Development Plan website.
Housing Land Supply Monitoring
The Housing Land Supply Monitor (previously the Housing Land Availability Monitor), is the principal information source for annual housing land supply updates within Malvern Hills District.
The HLSM contains analysis of the housing land situation as a position statement every April.
The HLSM study examines the trend in housing completions, progress in the provision of affordable housing and the contributions towards the supply of housing on previously developed land.
This report examines Malvern Hills District's supply of available and deliverable housing land, and provides an update on Malvern Hills' five year housing land supply position.
The status of each site is obtained from site surveys carried out by planning officers in the spring of each reporting year.
This report has been produced to take into account the continued work of Malvern Hills District Council, Worcester City Council and Wychavon District Council's joint working role in monitoring the South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP), and tracking progress towards meeting the housing requirements of South Worcestershire from 2006 to 2030.
The Housing Land Supply Monitoring Reports and accompanying Policy Position Statements are available to view below.
Malvern Hills Five Year Housing Land Supply (September 2020)
The Five Year Housing Land Supply report provides a full explanation of the five year housing land supply (5YHLS) calculation for Malvern Hills District Council as required by the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). It sets out the housing requirement, delivery to-date and identifies deliverable housing sites for the next five years to 31 March 2025. The report includes an appropriate in depth analysis of sites with planning permission and those that are allocations in the South Worcestershire Development Plan (SWDP) to provide additional evidence about deliverability and to ensure that the supply calculation is robust.
Read the reports and accompanying appendices:
- pdf Malvern Hills Five Year Housing Land Supply Report 2020 (367 KB)
- pdf Appendix 1 - Completions (57 KB)
- pdf Appendix 2 - Commitments (299 KB)
- pdf Appendix 3 - Large Sites Officer Commentary on Delivery (195 KB)
- pdf Appendix 4 - Delivery Rates (276 KB)
- pdf Appendix 5 - Deliverability Questionnaire (90 KB)
- pdf Appendix 6 - Deliverability Questionnaire Responses (186 KB)
- pdf Appendix 7 - Lapse Rates (515 KB)
- pdf Appendix 8 - Windfalls (179 KB)
- pdf Supporting Letter from Tim Roberts, Tim Roberts Planning (548 KB)
Wider Worcester Area (Malvern Hills) Five Year Housing Land Supply (September 2020)
The adoption of the SWDP in 2016 established the Wider Worcester Area (Malvern Hills) sub-area.
- pdf WWA Malvern Hills Five Year Housing Land Supply Report and Appendices 2020 (442 KB)
- pdf Supporting Letter from Tim Roberts, Tim Roberts Planning (708 KB)