At its meeting on 29 November 2022, Malvern Hills District Council "made" (adopted) the Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan so that it is part of the statutory Development Plan for Malvern Hills District, sitting alongside the South Worcestershire Development Plan and other material considerations in determining planning applications in the parish of Leigh and Bransford.
Read the made Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan and Decision Statement:
- pdf Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan, Made 29 November 2022 (6.56 MB)
- pdf Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan, Decision Statement (114 KB)
Alternatively, hard copies of the above documents can be viewed at the following locations:
- Customer Services, Malvern Hills District Council, Council House, Avenue Road, Malvern, WR14 3AF (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
- Malvern Library, Graham Road, Malvern, WR14 2HU (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am-5.00pm and Saturday 9am-4pm)
Referendum - 3 November 2022
A Referendum on the Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan was held on Thursday 3 November 2022. There was a 24% turn out, with 86% voting in favour of Malvern Hills using the Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area.
Please follow the links below to view the documentation relating to the Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan Decision Statement and Referendum:
- pdf Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan - Referendum Version (6.56 MB)
- pdf Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan - Decision Statement (388 KB)
- pdf Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Information Statement (727 KB)
- pdf General information on Town and Country Planning including Neighbourhood Planning and the Referendum (72 KB)
Examiner's report - July 2022
Malvern Hills District Council (with the agreement of Leigh and Bransford Parish Council) appointed Christopher Collison to examine the Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan. The Examiner conducted the examination through consideration of written representations.
The Examiner's Report concluded that the Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan, subject to the recommended modifications, meets the Basic Conditions and can proceed to referendum.
During the examination the Examiner provided an Information Note setting out how he intended to conduct the examination.
The Examiner also provided an opportunity for Leigh and Bransford Parish Council to comment on any representations made during the Regulation 16 consultation.
During the examination the Examiner issued a request for clarification which set out issues where he would find further clarification helpful. View the Examiner's request for clarification and the joint response from Malvern Hills District Council and Leigh and Bransford Parish Council:
Submitted Neighbourhood Plan Consultation
8 April 2022 to 5pm on Friday 20 May 2022
Under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Leigh and Bransford Parish Council submitted the draft Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan to Malvern Hills District Council on 9 March 2022.
In accordance with Regulation 16, Malvern Hills District Council undertook a public consultation from Friday 8 April until 5pm on Friday 20 May 2022, during which interested parties were invited to make comments on the draft Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan.
The submitted documentation includes:
- the proposed Neighbourhood Plan
- a map, forming part of the above Plan, identifying the area to which the proposed Neighbourhood Plan relates
- a Consultation Statement explaining who was consulted, and how consultation comments have been addressed
- a Basic Conditions Statement explaining how the proposed Neighbourhood Plan meets the requirements set out in legislation and environmental matters.
To view the submitted Leigh and Bransford Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents, please follow the links below:
- pdf Leigh & Bransford Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP), March 2022 (13.10 MB)
- pdf Leigh & Bransford NDP - Basic Conditions Statement (1.16 MB)
- pdf Leigh & Bransford NDP - Consultation Statement (2.18 MB)
- pdf Leigh & Bransford NDP - Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Opinion (1.95 MB)
- pdf Leigh & Bransford NDP - Background Paper: Site Assessment (5.57 MB)
To view responses to the Regulation 16 consultation, please follow the links below:
- pdf Malvern Hills District Council Officers (443 KB)
- pdf Worcestershire County Council - Lead Local Flood Authority (28 KB)
- pdf Environment Agency (67 KB)
- pdf Historic England (141 KB)
- pdf Natural England (15 KB)
- pdf Canal & River Trust (147 KB)
- pdf Coal Authority (347 KB)
- pdf Herefordshire & Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust (40 KB)
- pdf National Highways (53 KB)
- pdf Avison Young on behalf of National Grid (101 KB)
- pdf NHS Herefordshire & Worcestershire CCG (136 KB)
- pdf Sport England (93 KB)
- pdf AddisonRees on behalf of Mrs Farr & Mr Froggatt (334 KB)
- pdf Fisher German LLP on behalf of Diocese of Worcester (236 KB)
- pdf Pegasus Group on behalf of Mr P Maley & Ms C Harfoot (694 KB)
- pdf PlanIT Planning & Development Limited on behalf of Land Partnership Developments (Leigh Sinton) Ltd (137 KB)
Lone Star Land Limited
- pdf Appendix 1 - Worcestershire LTP (17.52 MB)
- pdf Appendix 2 - SWDP Significant Gap Appraisal (114 KB)
- pdf Appendix 3 - Key Views Assessment & LVA (45.07 MB)
- pdf Appendix 4 - MEC Highways Note (283 KB)
- pdf Appendix 5-8 - Key Views (23.47 MB)
- pdf Appendix 9 - Original Proposals (421 KB)
- pdf Appendix 10 - Cotswold HEA (5.71 MB)
- pdf Appendix 11 - Landscape Statement (1.42 MB)
- pdf Appendix 12 - Forge Fields Case (182 KB)
- pdf Ms J Cranston (634 KB)
- pdf Mr K Darby (124 KB)
- pdf Mrs Farr and Mr Froggatt (194 KB)
- pdf Ms T Kareem (30 KB)
- pdf Mr T Reader (34 KB)
Malvern Hills District Council has collated all the responses and forwarded them on to an independent examiner, who will consider the responses and the Plan documents when assessing whether the Neighbourhood Plan meets the relevant legislation and can therefore proceed to referendum.
Draft Neighbourhood Plan Consultation - 3 September to 15 October 2021
In accordance with Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Leigh and Bransford Parish Council consulted upon their draft Neighbourhood Plan from 3 September until 15 October 2021.
Neighbourhood Area Application - Approved 24 September 2013
Following an application made by the Parish Council in May 2013, the District Council held a six-week consultation, which closed on 28 June 2013. The District Council designated the parishes of Leigh and Bransford as a Neighbourhood Area, under Regulation 7 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 on 24 September 2013.
- pdf Leigh and Bransford - Application for Designation of a Neighbourhood Area (248 KB)
- pdf Leigh and Bransford - Decision Notice (818 KB)
- Leigh and Bransford - Designated Neighbourhood Area