IMPORTANT NOTE: Notice of transfer of Local Land Charges Register (LLC1) to HMLR
From 31st December 2022 Malvern Hills will no longer provide a Local Land Charges Register (LLC1) search service. After this date our LLC1 will have migrated to HM Land Registry’s national register, which is due to go live on 12 January 2023, for more information visit GOV.UK.
From 31st December 2022 the LLC1 searches will only be available via HM Land Registry’s new digital service through Portal, Business Gateway and on GOV.UK pages.
Malvern Hills will however continue to provide replies to Con29 enquiries. It is important to remember to only submit the required fee of £140.34 when submitting a CON29 enquiry to us after 31st December 2022.
To facilitate the above, and allow time for staff to update systems, etc., we will not be able to accept any searches that include an LLC1 request after 3pm on Friday 30th December 2022.
Option 1: Web Submission
Submit and review your searches online via LLCSearches.co.uk:
Debit/Credit Card Payments: To make payment by debit/credit card please ring 01684 862269 or 01684 862147 and have all the details ready.
Option 2: Online Requests
- You can carry out your search electronically via the web using the National Land Information System (NLIS) Hub. Malvern Hills is signed up to level 3 and can receive and return search requests online.
- Details of the search fees are available when you register with the NLIS website.
For more information visit:
Option 3: By Post
To ensure there are no unnecessary delays when a search is submitted, you or your Solicitor need to supply the following:
- Correctly completed search forms.
- One copy of an OS plan, the boundary of the property to be searched outlined in red.
- One copy of any Additional Questions [if applicable].
- Correct fee - cheques should be made payable to Malvern Hills District Council or payment can be taken over the phone on 01684 862269. (Please note: Malvern Hills Land Charges does not accept client cheques)
- For administrative reasons incomplete or incorrect searches will be returned the same day.
Searches should be sent to:
Local Land Charges
Queen Elizabeth Drive